Hi all,

Harold,

Try bringing the mouse to the bottom of the Standard Buttons toolbar
until you get the double arrow.  Hold the (left) mouse button down and
drag down slightly. The menu toolbar will appear underneath the Standard
Buttons toolbar.  (And quit deleting things!)

Chuck



Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:17:40 -0800
From: Harold B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: PCWorks: Re: Menu's disappeared
 
Thanks Linda, thanks Clint, and thanks Roger (who responded in email).
 
To Linda ... no, I am not in full screen view; F11 is not the issue here
(but I
always welcome your suggestions).
To Clint ... operating system is Windows98
 
The problem with the browsers is solved. I just reinstalled both Netscape
4.79
and IE 6 (which I rarely use) ... the browsers look good.
 
HOWEVER, I thought I had fixed the Exploring window (as Roger will attest
to) but
I am mistaken. It's a matter of configuration which I can't seem to
solve. In
addition to the Address Bar, I can get either the menu bar OR the
Standard
Buttons.
 
What I want is to have the Address Bar, AND the Menu Bar (so I can easily
get to
"View, Folder options"), and at least, some of the standard button (like
the "Up"
one level arrow and the forward/back arrows). The "Up" one level arrow is
a must
for my purposes.
 
That's the way it was when I newly installed the system and I'd like to
configure
it to be that way again. If I uncheck "Standard Buttons" all I get is the
Menu
Bar. If I check "Standard Buttons" I get the standard buttons but lose
the Menu
Bar.
 
Question: How can I get both (or at least, the Menu Bar along with the
"Up" one
level arrow)?
 
Harold B.
 

________________________________________________________________
Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today
Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to