Hello again,
Using Windows 98, Explorer, and MSWord 2000. I also use the
editor window associated with GeoCities and have come across a
"quotes" problem I never saw before. If I write my page in
Word and copy it into the GeoCities editor window, the quote
marks look like this () whereas they should look like this
(").
I'm not sure how this will look in the posting in PCWorks so
I'll describe it. The quotes copied look like small lines
angled at 45 degrees. The problem is that those quotes do not
do the job in html that they should be doing (and we all know
how important quote marks are in html).
If I type the quote marks directly into the GeoCities editor
window, there is no problem (they look like that upstanding
curved quote mark; lookin' good). So to fix a page, I had to
paste (or type directly) the correct quote marks in all the
spots where quote marks are needed.
Like Gilda Radner (Roseanne Roseannadanna) used to say, "If it
isn't one thing, it's another thing." Any ideas how to test to
see what's going on? ... Harold
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================