"Terry L. Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:-

>Subject: PCWorks: Epson 820 Misprints & Ejects Paper
>
>At work we have an Epson Stylus Photo 820 printer which is mainly used for
printing envelopes.  However, it does put out great color pages when it's
working right. 
>
>Unfortunately, on color print jobs, it prints out 1/5th of the page, then
proceeds to eject blank sheets of paper until it runs out of paper and the
print job can be canceled. 
>
>I have tried reinstalling the software that came with the printer after
deleting all references to the software using Find and after going through
the Windows Registry and deleting all references to the software).  Cutting
off all power to the printer--yes, including disconnecting the printer
cable--is likewise to no avail.  Epson's website was of no help.  The
computer is an eMachines (sigh, the owner is cheap, I know) running Windows
XP.  Any ideas? 
>

Hi Terry,

It looks as though you may not have found a solution yet?

I have a suggestion - a bit of a long shot but may be worth checking.  Some
time ago I had a problem with some similarity - this was a Canon printer
which would work perfectly printing black, but would randomly miss parts of
the image when printing colour.

I fixed it after discovering there were three user selectable settings in
the computer's BIOS for communicating with the printer.  Problem is, I no
longer have that particular computer and I can't remember what the settings
were called.  I simply selected them one at a time and did some test prints
to find the setting which cured the problem.

I don't know if you are familiar with changing BIOS settings, but normally
it is a case of tapping the DEL key when first turning the computer on, then
navigating round the BIOS screens and menus.  The mouse doesn't work at this
stage of course, everything is done via the keyboard.  Usually the
instructions are shown on screen in abbreviated form.

Not all computers use the DEL key to enter the BIOS, so you may have to
resort to the motherboard instruction manual.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but just something which may be worth a try.

Cheers, John Selby.
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to