Hi Rocky,
I can confirm that Win XP Pro auto log on does work on my system. I used
Tweak Ui to set the auto log on feature.
I had a problem that would not allow a user to auto log on to a Win Me
system and found a solution here:
 http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/nologon.htm and the Microsoft  article
Q141848 according to the article this does not apply to XP but ya never
know.  Worth a look.

Good luck
t0m

> Dear Friends,
> I have been following several threads on 3 different lists and I too have
an
> Auto Log On problem. I have repeatedly tried all the solutions recommended
> and none work longer than the second cold boot. Everything then reverts to
> logging on again. Does any one know if Auto Log On can actually be
> accomplished on Win XP Pro.
> Thanks in Advance, Rocky de Dragon
>
>
> Get Rid of the Logon Screen
>
>
>             Intended For
>             Windows XP
>             Windows 2000
>             Windows Me
>             Windows 98
>             Windows 95
>
> Whether or not you're on a local area network, odds are you don't really
> need the little logon (login) screen asking for your username and password
> that comes up when starting Windows. To remove this prompt, follow the
> following directions:
> Windows XP - solution 1:
>
>   a.. Select Run from the Start Menu, type control userpasswords2, and
click
> Ok.
>   b.. Turn off the Users must enter a user name and password to use this
> computer option, and click Ok.
> Windows XP - solution 2:
>
>   a.. If you have one user account and no password configured, Windows XP
> will log you in automatically. Otherwise, you'll have to do the following:
>
>   b.. Obtain and install the Windows XP version of TweakUI.
>   c.. Open TweakUI (it's in Start -> Programs -> Powertoys for Windows
XP).
>   d.. Expand the Logon branch, and click Autologon.
>   e.. Turn on the Log on automatically at system startup option, type your
> username and password, and click Ok.
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to