I got mine to work...
Here's what I did...not sure which fixed it...
a.. Select Run from the Start Menu, type control userpasswords2, and click
Ok.
  b.. Turn off the Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer option, and click Ok.

In here, that Users must enter...was already unchecked.
I removed the .NET profile that was listed. Went into TweakUI and set the preference 
to logon and kept the
password blank.
I followed Marlene's email...so kudos to her...and of course the many others that 
helped.
I fixed the subject line to aid anyone that may search the archives.


Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Don Briggs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "# [EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 7:39 PM
Subject: PCWorks: Autologon


Dear Friends,
I have been following several threads on 3 different lists and I too have an
Auto Log On problem. I have repeatedly tried all the solutions recommended
and none work longer than the second cold boot. Everything then reverts to
logging on again. Does any one know if Auto Log On can actually be
accomplished on Win XP Pro.
Thanks in Advance, Rocky de Dragon
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to