On Oct 4, 2011, at 10:54 AM, András Murányi wrote:

2011/10/4 Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>

On Oct 4, 2011, at 10:19 AM, András Murányi wrote:

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 18:26, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:

On Oct 3, 2011, at 12:04 PM, katja wrote:

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:

Do you have access to an ARM
machine? If not, I could probably get one online with ssh access, if that's
useful.

I've mailed Joe White with the question if he can patch the code for
libpd and check performance on ARM. He has done some extremely popular
RjDj apps and needed to optimize for them as well. Think it would be
good anyway to keep in touch with libpd users and app programmers
about this topic, even though we're in an early stage with it.

Yes definitely, we should let everyone who wants to be get involved. I am just saying with need a development platform to start with. Once that's nailed down, we can deal with more issues, like porting to libpd, dealing with externals that could be either 32-bit or 64-bit, etc.

I setup a nightly build on the macosx106-x86_64 and called it pd- double. Andras and r33p, if you are listening, could you run this build on your 64-bit boxes also? All you need to do is:

~pd/auto-build
cp -a pd-extended pd-double

Listening now.
I did:
$ cd ~pd/auto-build
$ sudo cp -a pd-extended pd-double
What's next? Shall I try patching or rather pull IOhannes's  sources?

If you have the run-automated-builder script in a cron job, that is all you have to do.

.hc

Ah, so tomorrow a single and double precision build will automatically be made? Cool.

Also, as I was busy with my life (buying a flat) these days, and I couldn't follow the list as precisely as I wished, could you advise me what's the current best way to roll my own double precision pd? Because I would like to benchmark a fully optimised one.

That would great to have those numbers. I just committed some changes to set lots of optimization flags, since all of the build servers are using gcc 4.x now. So looking at this commit will show you the place to set the optimization flags:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=revision&revision=15495

'make clean' in the various packages/* folders should work, but I haven't throughly tested it, and use the rsync in the script to be sure.

.hc