On Oct 5, 2011, at 5:08 AM, katja wrote:

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:

So you are saying that the stuff in pd-double is not building using 64-bit
floats?

I downloaded Pd-0.43.1-double-20111003-macosx106-x86_64.dmg from the
auto-build and this one was single precision. Don't know about the
other builds. Maybe it's better, for the moment at least, to set
logpost level 2 for the precision message at startup so you see it
immediately. I used log level 3 in accordance with your intention to
start Pd with a clean window, but in the testing phase this makes no
sense indeed.

Ok, makes sense.

Let's get a github repo going so we can work on this stuff.  Unless
you want to, I'll happily set one up at:

https://github.com/pd-projects/pd-double

Yes please if you want to, go ahead. I'm slow with these things, by
lack of experience. I even still have to learn git, and was comparing
features of github vs gitorious. Both seem fine.

Sorry, I'm excited and impatient to get this rolling :) As for learning git, it can be daunting at first, but it is really worth spending time learning it. I can recommend Pro Git, I read it on the subway. Its free online, or you can buy a copy:

http://progit.org/book/

Here is the github repo and a wiki section for dev work. Just send me your github account name and I'll add it.

https://github.com/pd-projects/pd-double

http://puredata.info/dev/pd-double/

In the meantime I'll work on a clean up of rewritten code then, and
based on pure-data.git instead of 0.43-0.

I already applied the fixes, so its up to date in the git. If you want to try it for learning, I recommend trying to checkout version 0.43.0 in git, make a branch to work in, then apply your patches, then 'git rebase master' in your branch, and it'll do a lot of work for you. But that's not necessary now, just a good case for learning that feature of git.

A much easier place to start would be to clone the above git repo, then change the loglevel to 2, then commit it, then 'git push origin master' to push your commits to the github.

Thanks for the very supportive cooperation.

Thanks for all this work, its the least we can do. I like to think that this is a supportive and cooperative group working on Pd, though we can be grumpy sometimes ;)
 so I am glad to hear you say that.

.hc