On Oct 29, 2006, at 7:28 AM, Steffen wrote:

On 29/10/2006, at 2.34, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

I think that Intel and PowerPC should ultimately be on the same page, since 95% of it is probably the same. The idea is to take the content from /docs/developer/darwin and put it into this wiki page, then redirect it to the wiki page.

Yes, i see your point, i agree.

What i'd like to see in such a page is a table describing what libs (ie. Fink packages) a given external depend on. I mean, that would indeed please the curious reader/user.

Sounds good, perhaps a wiki page for that? Usually, its a question of who does the work to keep it up to date, hopefully being a wiki will help with that.

https://puredata.org/docs/developer/Dependencies

Also such information could be used in the hypothetical situation where a user wouldn't want to do a complete pd-extended build, but rather a subset - that is, with only a subset of the externals included.

Yeah, I think we should have that ability. I think the best way to achieve that is with a autoconf/configure. Then it would automatically find dependencies and build what it can considering. Its just a matter of someone doing the work.