On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

Similarly with encapsulation, I am still thinking that being able to encapsulate a selected group of objects into a pd object while preserving the connections would be great.

This is called "subpatcherising". It would have been already finished in DesireData by now, and Chun has started working on it, but this and several other features are waiting for another feature that I'm supposed to implement (client-server sync messages), that several pending features of DesireData are also waiting for. I think that subpatcherising will be implemented before xmas.