On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

Oh I would love it if GridFlow was out of box included with
Pd-extended. It would be a nice asset to compete with the linear
algebra aspects of Jitter...

Imho, GridFlow doesn't have enough actual linear algebra in it. The strength is in something more general than linear algebra, which I could call "grid algebra", which doesn't just involve linear operations. The two most common linear algebra operations that are still missing are matrix inversion and eigendecomposition. Coming soon... using OpenCV.

I agree that the setup is difficult. I haven't gotten it to work on OS
X yet. Who _has_ installed GF on OS X?

I have, some years ago, but James Tittle was more the expert about GF on OSX.

I wonder how difficult it would be to make as a self-contained application. It seems to rely on several shared libraries and an installed version of Ruby...not an easy task?

I will help anyone is willing to try to make a package.