Martin Schied wrote:

Is there something to exchange big audio chunks or tables? I'm currently thinking about using soundfiler and a ramdisk for exchange, but if there's something more convenient I'll try that.

I found streamio13~ which can send several audio signals in parallel, so I could build a simple syncing mechanism...?

open for any suggestions...

if I remember correctly then [value] is actually global, and is shared between pd instances, but the help patch is not at all clear on that and I have not used it. There have been discussions about this on the list so you could try to search. Could you use that in some way to exchange references to a table????? or to an audio file? it has a numeric value, so that could be difficult.

But as you say it may be just as easy to use a file to save/share data then pass its path/name to the other instance, e.g. via [netsend].

Simon

Simon