Check the replies. I have definitely noticed longer soundfiles having lower quality when designing ParticleChamber, for example. Newer versions of this (unreleased so far, too many bugs...) allowed pitch shifting, which is where I noticed the artifacts. Longer soundfiles started to sound more "grainy" than shorter ones when played back in whole or in part at other-than-recorded sample rates.

D.