Julian,

I sent you a 'windows' zip with the project and already compiled dll answering to your previous private email... I had to re-send as I got a google network error hope it arrived allright.

Anyway I'll write here what I know for further reference on the list. (This worked on windows xp I have no idea if it would on vista, 7 etc.)

J bz wrote:
Hi peeps,

Wondering if anyone has experience of using Codeblocks to compile an external for Windows?

Lorenzo Sutton has very kindly forwarded me an external he has made for quad panning using Chowning's methodology which I really like. In the package he forwarded to me, he says that all the code is there for building in windows using codeblocks.
- you have to have mingw (thus gcc for windows) installed and configured correctly in codeblocks (just see if a helloworld.c compiles ok) - you have to add the complete path to where the m_pd.h (from the source distribution) is - In the project settings you have to set the target to library (it should add .dll to the filename automatically) - you have to add the file pd.lib in the linker options. For some reason this only worked with the path set to *absolute*

That's it. Build and if everything is ok you should have the dll in the build target directory.

I have had a quick go in Puredyne with it but I require a Windows version for a piece next week.

I have zero experience of compiling on any platform and don't really know where to get started. I'm aware there are a couple of tutorials knocking around on the pd & hurleur sites but going through them last night made my teeth hurt. I found a couple of Codeblocks tutorials but the .dll files I made from them of the external don't work.

I'm sure that if I had a couple of days with nothing else on I could get to grips with this but I don't. What I do have is a looming deadline though!

I attach Lorenzo's external (Lorenzo if this is a problem please contact me asap)
No problem the external is GPL.

Btw, I have the Codeblocks version with MinGW and the GCC compiler.
Best,
Lorenzo.

Cheers,

Julian