On 10/30/2012 08:05 PM, Miller Puckette wrote:
Quick question... is this autoconnect problem only relevant to midi
or does it also affect jack audio connections?  I'd like to try to fix
this but never use jack so am not sure where to start.

my original implementation for alsa-MIDI (which is still used) autoconnects if only one midi-port is opened it will autoconnect to all available midi-ports. this is meant for easy setup (after talking to nando at some lac a while ago), but due to midi-thru is making more troubles than it solves. for me it is fine to remove the autoconnect altogether (and if needed i can provide a patch to fix this)

fgmads
IOhannes