...and should be appearing at a CPAN mirror near you soon.

PDL-2.008 is the culmination of over 18 months effort by the PDL developers.
There are many changes both user visible and internal (over 50
outstanding bug
tickets closed on sf.net alone!).

Also, please welcome Ed J and Zakariya Mughal our two newest members
of the PDL development team.  Together with Craig DeForest they are
responsible
for global cleanup and refactoring of the PDL distribution from the core
computation code through to the build process and the test suites.  This
effort has continued to improve the robustness and usability of PDL.

I would like to thank all the contributors to PDL-2.008 whose git
commits have
make this release possible:

     136 Ed J
      93 Chris Marshall
      69 Zakariyya Mughal
      40 Craig DeForest
      28 Derek Lamb
      24 sisyphus
      20 kmx
      13 Dima Kogan
      12 Diab Jerius
       2 Petr PísaÅ
       1 David Mertens

Enjoy and Happy PDL-ing!
Chris and the PDL Development Team

Release Notes for PDL 2.008 -----------------------------

  | BE WARNED:  This release includes an update to the internal,  |
  | C-level PDL API for PDL versions 2.007 and earlier. This     |
  | will require that you re-build any PP or XS modules.  Do not  |
  | upgrade or install over an existing PDL installation unless   |
  | you are prepared to do so!!!                                  |

General Notes:

  * This is PDL-2.008!  Yay!

  * perl 5.10.x is now the minimum version of perl
    supported by PDL-2.008 and later.

  * 50 sf.net bug tickets closed/fixed since PDL-2.007!

  * Partial 64bit indexing support with some fixes to
    remaining issues.  Full 64bit support for perl modulus
    operator ('%') is in progress.

  * Major clean up and rework of the core PDL computation
    code, the build process, test suites, and updating to
    reflect more of the best practices for perl module
    development.

  * The PDL development has moved to github and now has
    added continuous commit testing via the Travis-CI
    framework.  The git workflow is now inline with
    current practices and it is expected that this will
    allow more contributions and "eyes on the code".

Highlights:

  * PDL::FFTW is no longer part of the PDL Core.
    Please use PDL::FFTW3 from CPAN (Dima Kogan)
    with Alien::FFTW3 support (Craig DeForest)

  * New improved vsearch functionality, interfaces,
    and documentation (Diab Jerius)

  * PDL::IO::Storable now robust against version, platform
    endianness, and supports the new 64bit PDL_Indx data
    type (Dima Kogan)

  * Clean up of PDL/Basic/Core code to remove cruft and
    to simplify the evolution to a coming improvements
    (Craig DeForest)

  * Major clean up, de-crufting, and streamlining of the
    entire PDL ExtUtils::MakeMaker build process (Ed J)

  * Standardizing and updating the entire PDL test suite
    to a common basis (use Test::More) and coding to more
    consistent best practices.  E.g., use strict
    This is a huge (ongoing) effort but a comprehensive
    test suite is needed for regression tests to validate
    compatibility of coming PDL3 architecture changes.
    (Zakariyya Mughal)

  * You can now call the PDL::Graphics2D twiddle()
    routine with an argument of 0 or 1 (i.e., false
    or true) to set whether the twiddle loop is run.

  * Library dependency detection improvements including
    PROJ4 and GD.  A number of improvements in this for
    strawberry perl on windows (kmx)

  * The PDL distribution process now generated the
    documentation for the modules using the automated
    code generation process.  This makes all the PDL
    docs available on http://search.cpan.org and on
    http://metacpan.org for your web browser. (kmx)

  * Improved support to build XS/C extensions: (Ed J)
    - You can now: "use Inline with => 'PDL';", see PDL::API
    - You can, in your module's Makefile.PL:
      "$p = new ExtUtils::Depends 'MyMod', 'PDL'"

  * MANY sf.net tickets closed:

    377   PDL::Transform::Proj4 not building under latest dev EUMM
    375   Storable files incorrectly processed from older versions.
    374   CONFIGURE_REQUIRES => Devel::CheckLib
    373   2.007_11 MANIFEST
    372   2.007_11 fails on MS Windows 64bit
    371   PDL-2.4.11 medover failure in perl 5.20.1
    370   PDL-2.007 can fail to build Basic/#Core files
    369   slice fails with subclass index
    368   PDL::Slatec::polyfit ignores incorrect length of weight piddle...
    367   BAD value parsing breakage
    365   CPAN PDL install broken due to breakage in Module::Compile 0.34
    363   PP "OtherPars" namespace is not clean
    362   rcols COLIDS need chomp-ing
    361   vsearch bug w/# reversed list
    360   subtle & rare bug in vsearch
    359   Improved documentation for vsearch
    358   one2nd() has unexpected behaviour when given a Perl scalar
rather than a piddle
    357   Android support
    356   overload::Method() does not return coderef for stringification
    355   dog creates 0 dim piddle which squeezes to 1 dim.
    353   imag2d not 'use warnings' safe and no way to disable twiddle
    352   reorder() not an lvalue sub
    351   PDL_BOOT has wrong XS code
    350   Modules using PDL::Slatec will get installed even if Slatec is
disabled
    349   PDL needs integrated support for PDL::PP and CPAN indexer
    348   PDL->null->slice('')->nelem results in error
    345   documentation of WITH_PLPLOT in perldl.conf incorrect
    344   Current version numbering is broken
    342   BUGS file not indexable or discoverable
    337   rangeb() broken for 64bit index support on 32bit perl
    332   "isn't numeric in null operation" warning could be more helpful
    331   uniq does not always return proper object
    329   t/#picrgb.t fails in PDL build
    321   Several core modules do not have man pages
    319   PDL::Index does not render on websites
    316   plplot.t failure when building 2.4.11
    314   conv1d bad value broken
    313   clip() edge case not handled right
    312   Wrong results in corner empty-set cases
    283   PDL::IO::FITS::wfits corrupting FITS image
    272   indexND of Empty pdls can segfault
    268   PLplot still unusable with X
    261   max() fails on nan
    256   Threadable version of PDL::MatrixOps::inv
    232   perl -d chokes on lvalue functions
    227   PGPLOT module doesn't work in PDL
    224   Ctrl-C kills perldl in win32 console
    207   Name "PDL::SHARE" used only once.
     63   Unable to get the 3d demos
     51   justify option fails in imag (PDL2.3.4)