You could also try using cpanm instead of ppm.  I rarely need to use ppm
except for modules that need external libs that are not straightforward to
compile.

cpanm File::Map

If that does not work then make sure you are using the portable shell from
Strawberry perl to ensure it is looking for the correct compiler and lib
directories.

You could also look at using berrybrew, as that makes changing between
Strawberry perl versions simpler.
https://github.com/dnmfarrell/berrybrew

Regards,
Shawn.