On 29.11.2016 3:11, sisyph...@optusnet.com.au wrote:
>> The Strawberry Perl Portable just needs to be unzipped in a folder.
>> It runs completely from there without needing a system-wide install.
>> The SPP with PDL extras already has the PDL stuff installed.
> Yes, the most recent portable distro available (with PDL) are
>
> 64-bit (NV is double):
> http://strawberryperl.com/download/5.24.0.1/strawberry-perl-5.24.0.1-64bit-PDL.zip
>
> 64 bit (NV is long double):
> http://strawberryperl.com/download/5.24.0.1/strawberry-perl-ld-5.24.0.1-64bit-PDL.zip
>
> 32 bit:
> http://strawberryperl.com/download/5.24.0.1/strawberry-perl-5.24.0.1-32bit-PDL.zip
>
> Not sure if they have the latest version of PDL (2.017).

Yes we have.

After you start portableshell.bat you should see a command prompt window
with this welcome message:

  Welcome to Strawberry Perl PDL Edition!
  * URL - http://strawberryperl.com + http://pdl.perl.org
  * to launch perl script run:      perl c:\my\scripts\pdl-test.pl
  * to start PDL console run:       pdl2
  * to update PDL run:              cpanm PDL
  * to install extra module run:    cpanm PDL::Any::Module
           or if previous fails:    ppm PDL::Any::Module
  * or you can use dev tools like:  gcc, g++, gfortran, gmake
  * see README.TXT for more info
Perl executable: d:\strawberryPDL\perl\bin\perl.exe
Perl version   : 5.24.0 / MSWin32-x64-multi-thread
PDL version    : 2.017

d:\strawberryPDL>

--
kmx