Hello piddlers,

*perldl* is one great prototyping tool, and I am making great progress
understanding and mastering PDL running it in macOS, but thus far, enabling
history list and command line editing inside perldl has been a total bust.
The docos say the command line editor is emacs-like. I would prefer vi but
*any* command line editing is welcome, given how I am using perldl to learn
PDL. However, I cannot enable the history list nor edit a previous line
other than doing very precise cut and paste. Here is the initial
announcement when I start perldl:

$ perldl
perlDL shell v1.357
 PDL comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. For details, see the file
 'COPYING' in the PDL distribution. This is free software and you
 are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions, see
 the same file for details.
*ReadLines*, NiceSlice, MultiLines  enabled
Reading /Users/carly/.perldlrc...
Found docs database
/Users/carly/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.20.3/lib/site_perl/5.20.3/darwin-2level/PDL/pdldoc.db
Type 'help' for online help
Type 'demo' for online demos
Loaded PDL v2.018 (supports bad values)

Notice, *ReadLines* is enabled.

And here is what I get with the l command, 'l', not '1';

Can't locate object method "GetHistory" via package "Term::ReadLine::Stub"
at /Users/carly/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.20.3/bin/perldl line 313,
<STDIN> line 2.

What am I missing? What Perl/PDL modules must be present? Getting history
and command editing working would truly make perldl an effective learning
tool.

Thanks and regards,
Will Schmidt