my problem area is to analyse electrical power switching events and tie
back readings of reactive and resistive loads aiming to point back at
specific items of plant hardware.

So I thought cluster analysis and got a steer towards PDL

In a perl script I write

use PDL::Stats::KMeans;

...my $sql = "select resistv_chg,reactv_chg from metered_events where
matched_event_id is not null";my $pdl = rdbi2D( $dbh, $sql );  # pdl
info tells me that i have a 2D array of ~ 1400 x 2my $k =
$pdl->kmeans( {} );

First up I see that this is not unrestrained -- the default of NCLUS is 3
and [seems to me] that I am being defeated in trying to identify between 10
and 20 clusters associated with the electrical characteristics of the 10 -
20 items in my plant

being a simple minded chap all I want is an array[10] of mean and stdvars
for the data set

Could anybody spare the time to get me started?
Aldo
--
Aldobranti: A performance in digital social media and large sheets of
photographic film https://aldobranti.org