Hi all,

This dinosaur just upgraded from PDL v2.025 to v.2.084 (yes, I know that is
lame)

I noticed a few things when running one of my complicated codes, I will start
seperate email threads

First there seems to be a serious rcols bug:

e.g. create a file

# tmp.dat
1
2
3
4

Loaded PDL v2.084 (supports bad values)
pdl> $x = rcols 'tmp.dat'

Reading data into ndarrays of type: [ Double ]
Read in  4  elements.

pdl> p $x

[1 2 3 4]
pdl> $x *= 100

pdl> p $x

[100 200 300 400]
pdl> p median($x)

0
pdl> p $x

[100 200 300 400]

It seems the median function sees the values BEFORE the inplace multiplacation,
whereas print does not. This is very bad. min() and max() are similar. No idea
what is going on here! The behaviour or absent from v2.025

Notes
- making a $x->copy() removes the effect
- creating $x using sequence also removes, so it is something to do with
rcols() and not inplace in general?

I’d be interested to know if others can reproduce this. It definitely needs a
fix

best

Karl