At 23:49 4/2/01 -0800, you wrote:

>What are good photo editors that support the equivalent of Photoshop's basic
>filters of unsharp mask, auto levels, auto color, etc., but in a full
>16-bits per color channel?>

The latest releases of Photoshop (5.5 and 6.0) allow you to work on 16-bits
per
channel files, with a limited set of tools however. If I remember correctly,
with Photoshop 5.5 you can use the crop, marquee, rubber-stamp and lasso
tools,
as well as the (auto-) levels, curves, hue/saturation/lightness, color
balance, contrast/brightness and maybe a few other functions under the
image/adjust menu.
You also have access to functions under the select menu. With Photoshop
6.0, you
have access in addition to the history brush, a few filters (including
unsharp
mask and gaussian blur), L*a*b mode and the "resize canvas" command. A few
features are probably missing in this list.

Yves

Dr. Yves Caudano
Laboratoire LASMOS
Département de Physique
Facultés Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix
61 Rue de Bruxelles
B-5000 Namur
Belgium

[EMAIL PROTECTED]