Michael wrote:

MC> Manually setting the aperture at f/5.6, the shutter speed doesn't go
MC> lower than 45 in either Program or TV.  Would it be better to set the
MC> shutter speed at 30 in Manual mode to get a little more ambient light?

   Hi Michael,

   Capturing a bit of the ambient light will add to the mood of your
   pictures. I also prefer the FA 50/1.4 for these circumstances, and
   chose to shoot in manual mode, with lens open at 2.8 and at speeds
   of 1/15 - 1/30. The blur caused by the people movement is largely
   compensated by the flash freezing their position.
   You might also try select trailing curtain synchro on your 360FTZ
   flash. This will freeze the subject at the end of the blur trail,
   giving a very suggestive sense of dynamism.

   Servus, Alin