----- Original Message -----
From: Herb Chong
Subject: Re: Re[4]: A new DSLR standard emerging? (WAS: Re:
Nikon DX lenses: Is this what Pentax is up to?)

> what does granularity and definition have to do with quality?
if sharpness
> is your only measure of quality, why stop at medium format?
why not, as i
> said earlier, shoot 20x24 inch glass plates and make only
contact prints?
> all the technical recommendations in the world will not make
an image
> without artistic content into a quality image.

I've been down this road with Mafud. He habitually took one
scrap of information and decided that a persons entire
motivation was that one scrap of information.
I won't go down that road with you.

> i object to your blanket statement that all pro photographers
shoot junk
> because they all shoot 35mm nowadays and implied that in the
good old days
> when everyone shot 4x5 and 8x10, all you got was stellar
performances.
> sorry, but there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. ever
see an exhibit
> of George Bernard Shaw photos?

I agree that the talent has to be there in the first place.
I know from experience that if I can use a bigger negative, all
else being equal, I will get a better picture.

William Robb