Hi!

> Lon Williamson wrote:
>
> I refuse to be a member of PhotoNet because of how they denigrate,
> in 35mm, anything "below" Nikon or Canon.  Good Shots there, and
> occasionally a good thread or two, but they are more anal than this
> group.  Here, there's steady reinforcement that grey matter rules.
> In Photo Net, you get the feeling you have to spend $5000 to even start.

I have to say I agree with Lon. When I just started this spring, I
thought of Photo.Net as of a great source. After all, as information
source it is excellent. Then I thought that I'd post some of my photos
so that people there critique me and this way I study. Usually they
would come, see and just not react. Once they've started giving one of
my photos some relatively high (to me) ratings, without saying a word.
Just come, see, give a rating, done. So I switched to PhotoSig. There
I was greeted with much more. Sometimes I couldn't get reasonably
useful critique. But sometimes it was just excellent - they've pointed
to my mistakes and I've learned.

I still visit Photo.Net every now and then just to read news or look
at some discussion/forum thread. Though perhaps with time I will
abandon Photo.Net all together. All in all there is way too much
snobbism there.

At least these are my humble two cents.

---
Boris Liberman