I'm thinking of getting a ZX-L, and I have a few questions, since what I'm
reading in the downloaded manual doesn't seem to coincide with the list
of features on the Pentax web site.

One is the strobe-assisted focusing, firing the flash to help focus in low
light conditions.  The on-line comparison charts says it doesn't do that,
although the ZX-7 does.  The manual makes some brief mention of it.  Or I
thought I saw it, but I can't seem to find it now.  So does it have that
or not?

The other is trailing shutter curtain synch.  The on-line comparison chart
says it doesn't do that, the manual says it does with certain flashes, the
AF360FGZ and etc.  It says that if the external flash is set to trailing
curtain sync the built-in flash will also be set to trailing curtain sync.
But the manual doesn't explain how to set the camera to trailing curtain
sync.  So does the camera do this or not?  Or does it do that when the
right flash is set that way, and it wasn't mentioned in the manual because
the manual tells you how to use the camera, not the external flash?

And a user-settable parameter determines whether spot metering or matrix
metering is used with the AE memory lock, which means it's not so
convenient to switch between them.  The matrix metering is supposed to be
good, but if I were looking somewhere else to get the exposure it almost
seems like I should use spot metering, since matrix metering would get a
reading based on a whole scene that's not the scene I wanted to shoot.  Is
there any strong arguments for keeping that set to matrix or spot?

Thanks.