>> 1. A 98% or 100% viewfinder with good "snap" for easy manual focusing
>
> I really wanted #1 (or part of) for the MZ-S, but I was told that to get
> 100% it was expensive, like doubling the cost.  I can see why Pentax didn't
> bother with it given their market.  Too bad.  Not sure what you mean by snap
> with manual focus.

Well, some viewfinders with coarser groundglass make it easier to see when
the image is in focus and when it isn't. The new super-bright focusing
screens made it very difficult to see when the image is in focus and when it
isn't. It isn't an issue on most AF cameras, since the AF does the focusing,
but if you like to focus manually, it makes a difference. Take a look at the
screen in the Contax Aria sometime for an example of an acceptably bright
frame that "snaps" into focus well.

>> 7. Non-resetting ISO
>
> Can you explain this further and why it's a problem?

I don't use the ISO rating for films, so I dislike cameras that default to
the ISO / DX speed rating whenever the camera is turned off and on again. I
like to be able to set the camera for E.I. 200 with Tri-X, for instance, and
then leave it there, confident that it will remain on 200 until I reset it.

--Mike