Do you have an ISBN number on that?

At 05:31 PM 1/10/2003 +0000, Paul Stenquist wrote:

Mike Johnston wrote:

> > Vic
>
> I agree with Vic on this. I've never taken a course on Photoshop, never read
> the manual (I've tried; I just can't seem to pay attention). But I find that
> if I explore, I begin to see what does what, and as that knowledge accrues I
> can figure out ways to do what I need to do. I'm sure I'd get a lot out of a
> course. But most of the basic controls are self-evident, and a lot of the
> effects can just be tried to be understood.

I agree as well. PhotoShop is an invaluable tool, and it helps make
digital darkroom work a lot of fun. Some of the tutorial books are
geared more toward compositing than photo manipulation. Others are more
photo oriented. The best one I've found is called "PhotoShop 6 Artistry,
Mastering the Digital Image." It was written by Barry Haynes and Wendy
Crupler and comes with a CD full of examples and tutorial elements.
Barry is a photographer, and it shows. The book comes highly recommended
by a number of photographers and photography teachers. It isn't cheap. I
think I paid $60, but it's worth every penny. I'm sure there's a
PhotoShop 7 version now, but most of the techniques are common to all
the late model PhotoShop editions.
Paul
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  --Groucho Marx