Hi,

Cotty wrote:

> Har = north east Britain suffers from occasional foul weather straight
>       off the north sea, emptied from the bowels of Norway ;-) and believe it
>       or not, it's called 'the Har'. Actually I think it's fog rather than
>       rain, and my spelling may be loose, but true!

Occasional??!!  8-)  Haar - called "sea fret" in Slumberland.

By next month, it's so grey, wet and cold I actually hate the
month of February.  So much so that I am going to central Russia
in a fortnight for some better weather....

In the meantime I thought I would raise my spirits (and others')
by thinking about meeting up with everyone again.  Everywhere
mentioned has its own attractions and I am happy to go to any of
them.  Even though I live by the sea (actually in Washington now
- married in Georgie boy's ancestral home) I have never been to
the area south of the Humber so that is fine for me.  Easy to
get to from here, also.

I would prefer to make it a weekend to get a decent amount of
time at wherever we end up.  As to when - when do you want,
Tom?  June will be good for weather but the days are long, so
landscapes tend to mean getting up early for nice light.  There
is a wealth of opportunities at any of the venues suggested so
far - maybe someone like Tom (or just the furthest travelled
participant) should decide?

mike