From: Sylwester Pietrzyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:38:59 +0100
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Epson 2450 question

on 03.02.03 11:09, Boris Liberman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am given the opportunity to buy Epson 2450 scanner (flat bed, but
> seems to be the only reasonable one for scanning the film) for $250.
> It is about one year old, one owner.

<...>
> My purpose of using it would be to eliminate process variable of lab
> scanning my negatives, and doing the job myself. Time to time I
would
> scan documents, thus making my home PC into complete copier/fax
> machine.

I'd better consider Minolta Dual Scan III (about 300$) dedicated film
scanner if I were you, and add cheap (60-70$) flatbed scanner for
documents.
It will offer much better scan quality, additional features
like "auto dust
brush" (automatic picture cleaning almost like ICE - removes
scratches and
dust almost not affecting picture quality) will save your time. Of
course it
makes sense if you use only 35mm equipment.

--
Best Regards
Sylwek

---- End Original Message ----

Pentax User
Stouffville Ontario Canada
"Art needs to be in a frame.That way we know when the art
stops and the wall begins"--Frank Zappa
http://home.ca.inter.net/brooksdj/
http://brooks1952.tripod.com/myhorses
Sign up today for your Free E-mail at: http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeMail