> Are you referring to:
> PENTAX - ZOOM LENSES
> 35-70 F4 SMC A (58) / 2 TOUCH ???

> Because on Boz's site it does not mention a macro capability.  It
> says that the min. focussing distance is .25 M, which I would
> assume is not macro?

> Maybe I have the wrong lens?  If so, would you mind providing more
> details of the lens you recommend?  I am in the market for a macro
> and this might "fit the bill" niceley :)

Hi, Steve.  Well, that's the lens that I was referring to, but only
in the vein of so-called "macro zoom" lenses.  It's not a true macro
lens - it "only" gets down to 1/2.7 X (at 0.25 m) (which is "none
too shabby") - and we all know that a "true amcro lens" should reach
to 1:1 and have a very flat field, right?  <g>

What I was referring to was its so-called "macro" feature, which I
found to be significantly better than the "macro" feature of some of
its A zoom stable mates (28-135/4, 35-105/3.5, 70-210/4), for
example.

Take a look at the Lens Gallery ( http://plg.komkon.org ), where the
little 35-70/4 does a very creditable job as a "pseudo-macro" lens,
even with a close-up more-or-less flat brick wall, and even
wide-open at f/4.  If you want to jump directly to the 35-70/4's
macro shots, go to http://plg.komkon.org/a35-70_4/re4.html .

Fred