Arnold Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> More from the "FA lenses" manual:
> - FA28-90/f3.5-5.6 , FAJ28-80/f3.5-5.6 AL and FAJ75-300/f4.5-5.8 AL
> lenses have no distance scale, adjust focus with the aid of the
> matte-field for non-auto focus camera

My first thought:

"Pentax must have gone completely mad.  How am I going to set the
aperture after I have manually focused with my manual-focus camera?!?"

My second thought:

"The AFJ lenses must have a mount that acts as if the aperture ring is
permanently in the A position.  So the lenses should be usable in P and
Tv modes on the A- and P-series bodies."

While this is not fatal, the K-mount loses its strongest selling point
--- the compatibility of new and old equipment.  I can see major
headaches coming when I try to explain on the KMP which camera works
with which lens in which mode...

Cheers,
Boz