On 2 Mar 2003 at 15:03, Paul Franklin Stregevsky wrote:

> I don't believe that any 17-inch CRTs have the necessary bandwidth and
> horizontal scan rate to resolve 2,048 by 1,536 at a refresh rate beyond
> about 66 Hz.

Bandwidth and optical resolution are two different things, just because a
monitor can sync to a HF signal doesn't mean that it can resolve it. In fact
sync-ing to a frequency that is higher than the phospor triplets can resolve
leads to moire patterns (often masked due to inter pixel spill) which cause
colour shifts and gamma errors, ie bad bad bad for photo editing.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours