I think you are right, Paul. I think that the worst possible thing that could happen to Pentax would be for all prospective Pentax buyers to find and read the PDML before they made their purchase. For a user's group, we seem to be pretty negative about Pentax's efforts.

Len
---

From: "Paul Franklin Stregevsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Pentax-Discuss'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How about a 600/2.8 or a 100-400/2.8-3,5?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:40:36 -0500

Pål wrote:
“In fact some Pentax users wait out the *ist D and when they see it they buy
a Canon.”

I could be wrong, but I suspect that most shoppers will try to read about
the various DSLRs on the Web before buying. Most will find hands-on reviews
that evaluate the cameras strictly in terms of functions, value, ease of
use, and accessories. Few will find PDML and other user forums in which
people bash Pentax for substandard support.