All --

Charlotte Camera is one of the places I used to watch
regularly for used gear. Having purchased a few things
earns me a monthly visit from their e-mail newsletter.
The "lead story":

>  Industry Notes
>
>  We just got back from the PMA (Photo Marketing
>  Association) Convention in Las Vegas so there is a lot to
>  made:
>
>  DIGITAL SLR FOR $1499.95!! Canon launches the new
>  Canon 10D -- a 6.3 megapixel digital SLR. Starting to ship
>  to us now - call us for more details. The perfect complement
>  to your new digital SLR is the new Canon EF 17-40 4.0 lens.

They go on to tout a couple of C**** P&S models, the N****
80-200 2.8 VR, Olympus digital P&S models, etc. etc. etc.

Sheesh! I thought the *ist D was pretty big news.
But what the hell do I know?

Stephen