(Sorry if this message reaches you twice, but I wrote it _before_ actually
 subscribing  to the list, so I'm not sure whether it was delivered at all.)

Boz wrote:
> Now think about it.  The camera meters before the shot WHILE THE
> APERTURE IS OPEN.  While the image is being taken the aperture is
> closed.  A _REAL_ camera meters through the open lens but calculates how
> much the lens will close and adjusts the exposure time (makes it
> longer).  The *ist lacks one of the aperture couplings, so it doesn't
> know how much the lens will close during the exposure.  It doesn't
> recalculate the exposure time and the image is underexposed.  If the
> lens was, by chance, set to its maximum aperture, the error is 0 EV, and
> the image is properly exposed.

Now wouldn't it be possible to correct this error when you want to shoot
with a stopped down K or M lens on the *ist? Suppose I want to use a lens
with the widest aperture of 3.5 stopped down to 6.7. According to what you
said, the shot would be underexposed by two stops. But if I tell the
camera to overexpose by two stops, wouldn't this lead to a correct
exposure?? Does this make sense or am I missing something?

Stefan