In a message dated 6/19/2003 2:01:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> > Thanks guys, but "super quality" has since long been, and will be for some
> > time to come way beyond my budget capacity, so to speak... Furthermore, for
> > the shooting I'm thinking of, I will definitely need a
> zoom lens.
> >
> > Lasse

I have the Tamron AF 70-300mm F4-5.6 with a 1:2 macro function above 180mm. When I got
it, a couple of months back, several other people on the list had it and recommended
it. I also think it's better than the 28-70mm Pentax zoom that I have (which has
serious fall off at 70mm when shooting somewhat closeup and somewhat wide open). $149
at Adorama. It's relatively new, so you probably can't find it used.

HTH, Marnie aka Doe :-)