I second that motion.

I also own and use this lens. It is wonderful and goes 1:2 macro from
180-300mm, quite handy. I have been impressed with it's optical quality. It
is a tad slow when focusing. A bonus--- it does not suffer from "zoom
creep".

Robert

Subject: Re: Which 300 zoom should I buy?

> I have the Tamron AF 70-300mm F4-5.6 with a 1:2 macro function above
180mm. When I got it, a couple of months back, several other people on the
list had it and recommended it. I also think it's better than the 28-70mm
Pentax zoom that I have (which has serious fall off at 70mm when shooting
somewhat closeup and somewhat wide open). $149 at Adorama. It's relatively
new, so you probably can't find it used.