Mike wrote:

> Ralf wrote:

>> I'm starting to wonder whether it can be a Limited lens.
>> Another thing that makes me smell Limited here is that the
>> 18mm is a classic K mount focal lenght.

> Would this argue _against_ it being a Limited?? I mean, so far,
> all the Limiteds have been new and unique focal lengths, ...

Though I would like to be an owner of a K 18mm, it was Paal who wrote
this.

I think it is as much possible that this lens is a limited lens as it
is that it is a FA* lens. For me the limited lenses are more or
less new editions of the most outstanding M-series lenses. E.g. this
way:

M 2.8/40mm  >  FA 1.9/43mm limited
M 2.0/85mm  >  FA 1.8/77mm limited
M 2.0/28mm  >  FA 1.8/31mm limited

There was a very compact M 4.0/20mm, so in case the 18mm is not f2.8
but slower, it could be a limited lens, but I rather see it as a FA*
lens, especially since the 20mm is a standard FA-type. If you ask me,
a limited superwideangle would rather be a moderate fast 21mm than a
18mm. Also, a mid tele was rumored as the next limited lens (whatever
this is worth).

Ralf