My most expensive lens is Tamron 300mm/2.8 and paid
700usd. I spent 1500usd on my Nikon LS-4000 scanner.

There are set of people who can not spend 1.5K on
camera body.

There are another set of people(like me), who can
spend money but it takes long time convince
themselves. One year back, I never thought that I will
be spending 700usd on a single lens(300mm/2.8); it
took more than 6 months to convince myself that I can
not get 300mm/2.8 lens for 400usd and need to spend at
least 700usd.

Similarly, at present I am trying to convince myself
that I need to spend 1.5K to buy a DSLR.

Thanks
Ramesh