On 6/10/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>>I own over a dozen PENTAX K&M lenses, all superb.
>
>So if you like your superb K&M lenses, then why should you change to
>Canon??? I can't follow this argumentation. Can you use those lenses at
>a 10D? No.

<Mutley snigger>

When my K50 1.2 is finished, I will be able to mount it on my D60, and it
will be fully useable (in stop-down metering) with manual and aperture-
priority modes.

A very nice man is going to machine an adapter to my design and I am
going to bolt it onto the back of the lens. It's a superb lens, it has
manual focus and will be effectively an 80mm 1.2 lens. The Canon 85 f1.8
is okay optically, but has a horrible plastic feel and the manual focus
is sheeeeeee-yite.

It's my one Canon lens, and I'm not keen on it. I considered a Canon 50mm
1.8, but I hate the feel of it. That's why I'm adapting a Pentax lens. In
fact all my other lenses are either Sigma or Tokina. If I could afford
the EF 'L' lenses, I would be a lot happier, but they are VERY expensive.
In this respect Heiko is spot-on. Switching brands may be vfine once
you've got the camera, but start building up a collection of good lenses
and you might find yourself breaking the bank.........

More soon.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__