Mark Roberts wrote:

> Y'know, if some people put as much effort into working with the
> limitations of the *ist-D as they do into whining, they'd be able to
> take a lot of great photos - even with K and M lenses.

        Yeah, that's what I thought when I offered up a real
        nice older SMCK 400mm f5.6 on Friday. If I've been
        following things correctly that's a 600mm f5.6 on the
        *istD. And this model is a straight manual aperture
        type, so theres no "wierd metering ritual" involved.

        ... ah well

        Bill

        Bill D. Casselberry ; Photography on the Oregon Coast

                                http://www.orednet.org/~bcasselb
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]