I agree with this argument. Everyone I have talked to who owns digital says
they shoot more now than they ever did with film. They experiment more and the
results show it... It's an argument in favour of digital that often gets
overlooked.
The down side that gets overlooked is the amount of time needed to tweak and
file all the digital images.
Vic

Precisely.  I have taken over 600 shots in my istD in the last month.  I
would never have taken that many on film unless there was a special
occasion or something.  I have gotten some shots of the family which are
absolutely stunning and which I would have missed were I using film
because I would not have had the camera in my hand so often.  Working
this way you can capture moments you would have missed using your normal
film techniques, but you have to be much more determined to throw away
shots which don't work.  With film I tended to keep even slightly
blurred shots of the kids because they were records of a
moment/mood/expression.

Some of these shots alone mean the camera has already paid for itself to
me.