On Saturday, October 11, 2003, at 07:50 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

Saturday, October 11, 2003, 11:30:49 AM, you wrote:

[...]
I bought a 2 year old Apple PowerBook for nearly £900. It was top-of-the-
line for its vintage. It had extended three year warranty on it. Since
I've had it, the (removable) DVD drive failed - it was replaced under
warranty. Now the Airport (wireless base station) has failed - a new one
is on the way. [...]

Is this the same computer company called Apple that promotes itself with the top 10 reasons to switch? Reason no. 1 is:

"The Mac - it just works".

<g>

BTW, I have no interest in OS or Mac/PC wars. They're all as bad as each other
in my opinion. But I just can't resist occasionally poking a stick through
the bars.

It would seem to me that the computer didn't crash or fail, the hardware did. And was replaced under warranty.