The sensor could, (I don't know if it does), actually adjust it's sensitivity on
the fly to insure a better exposure. I'm not sure I'd like that.

At 02:10 PM 10/12/03, you wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Alling"
Subject: Re: Old lenses and *ist D

> Unless the "new" users might just want to try some extreme telephoto's to see > if they might like them on the cheep. (Let's see now, I paid an extra $100 for > a feature I might not use vs. You want how much for that 300mm lens????)

That would be the same % of users that only watch PBS. Personally, I think
Pentax has just decided to move forwards, and stop looking backwards.

I am curious, perhaps the more knowedgable people on the list will have an
answer to this:

What is the exposure accuracy requirement of a digital sensor as compared to
film?

William Robb

I drink to make other people interesting.
-- George Jean Nathan