How much duty is charged on cameras imported to Italy?  You can buy the *istD
here in Vancovuer for CDN$2199 (about USD$1640) without even bargaining very
hard.  You could have it shipped with insurance; unless duty is exceedingly
high, you'd save a bundle.

I will put you in touch with the dealer from whom I'm buying mine if you wish.

Cheers,

Mike