You will enjoy it.

Did you guys know that they claim the Appalachians are the oldest mountains in the world. They say they averaged 25,000 feet when they were young and now are worn down to mostly less than 6,000.

Not very good fall photography here this year as the leaves are green one day, turn the next, and gone the day after. You drive through the mountains and see about an equal mix of green, bright, and bare trees. Must be all the rain. But the rain is supposed to be pretty normal as this area has the second highest rainfall in the US. There has been a drought the last few years though.

Mountain trivia brought to you by contributions from the kind folks on the PDML. :)

Cotty wrote:

On 14/10/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

Sounds like you need to take a trip to NA and buy one here.  Grandfather
Mountain perhaps?

The place will be awash with *ist D's !

I intend to bring along most of my stuff - I'll be metering the scene
with the digi and exposing some 'film' I believe they call it on a black
MX. I'll bring just 2 lenses with the MX - Tokina 17mm 3.5 and a Tokina
90mm 2.5 macro.

But I hope to cart away a PowerBook full of digital pics :-)

Cheers, Cotty

___/\__ || (O) | People, Places, Pastiche ||=====| www.macads.co.uk/snaps _____________________________ Free UK Mac Ads www.macads.co.uk

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."