Well, contrary to general opinion, hard drives are only fragile when spinning.

(Grin) no I don't mean the spin cycle in the washing machine. I mean when they are running. So as long as you don't pop a micro-drive out of the camera and drop it before it has spun down it ought to be fairly rugged. However I can easily imagine a photojournalist hitting the eject button and popping the micro-drive on to the ground in the excitement of the moment, and I think that most of the complaints I have hear about micro-drives have been from photojournalists.

David Madsen wrote:

Back when I worked in a camera store, we had a customer who accidentally
sent his CF card through the washing machine.  All pictures were still in
tact!  Not an exercise I recommend often, but a resounding compliment to CF
technology.  I sure wouldn't count on such good results with a hard drive.

Dave Madsen

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."