<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I just joined the list today after being directed here by a
friend in
> the US.  I'd like to introduce myself ...
>
> (...)
>
> kind regards from Sicily,
>
> Tyrone

Hi Tyrone,

Welcome to the list. It's nice to have someone else from
Southern Italy here!
:-)

About the DSLR question, I have just a little experience with
both the *istD and the 300D, but comparing the two side by side
and, mainly, looking through both finders, it's difficult to
fall in love with the Canon body (although I'm sure that the
final results may be perfectly comparable). On the 300D it seems
to look through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars...

Ciao,

Gianfranco
(from Naples)

=====
“To read is to travel without all the hassles of luggage.”

                        ---Emilio Salgari (1863-1911)