>On page 11 we can see that there is a feature called "high speed sweep
for preventing smear" that is used when taking full resolution
pictures.  Page 9 mentions that to get the low smear properties that
you need to close the cameras mechanical shutter, perform a vertical
register sweep, then open it again for the final exposure.  If I
understand this all correctly on a camera with live preview the
following has to happen when you take a picture (assuming exposure and
AF lock):

* close the shutter
* clear the ccd
* open the shutter and turn on the ccd at the same time
* take the exposure
* close the shutter and turn off the CCD
* read out the image

>On a SLR the first two steps aren't necessary.

>alex

Hmmm, so essentially for DSLR preview you would taking a picture before you
take a picture. Yes, it seems rather redundant. Okay, review is good enough.

Thanks, Doe aka Marnie  I bet someday the technology gets fast enough for it,
though. But that would probably be years down the road.