Herb wrote:

HC> in the US, there is wholesale replacement of film with digital projectors
HC> for commercial movie theaters.

  What resolution would that be? I am concerned as the best commercial
  (not industrial) digital projectors are a measly 2 MPixels, and in
  my experience it lacks not just (obviously) in definition but also
  in dynamic range.
  Could it be possible the movie audience might accept a similar drop
  in projection quality!? After all, I go to the theater for the ample
  tones and details of the projected film image - a totally different
  experience than the one I can get with a DVD and a home theater. And
  I suspect I'm not alone.

  Servus,  Alin